We love to keep track of the latest and greatest tech that comes from Silicon Valley and our public cloud partners, so we can always pick the right tool for the job in the complex mission-critical ecosystems. In our dream projects we can seamlessly integrate the newest tech into an existing landscape to create high quality environments that last.
The container platform (running on EKS, built in our AWS landing zone) is used to host applications. We continue to onboard new applications on a monthly basis and the Kubernetes platform is in constant development. Building and improving the platform and the ecosystem around it will be part of your responsibilities.
As a Kubernetes engineer you will be part of a multidisciplinary team where you will focus on building payment solutions for our customer on AWS. Audit, compliance, and security are of critical importance to us and them. Together with our customer and their third-party developers, we strive for more than good enough results. Taking responsibility of onboarding, security, compliance as well as implementing and using the latest technologies is part of your daily job. Everything we do is via code and automated, so you need to live up to that challenge.
In this role, you will have a lot of fun if you have the following experience:
- Experience in a complex engineering environment, preferably in mission- critical environments
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS) and integrating it with AWS services
- Familiar with using Kubernetes operators for achieving last mile automation
- Relevant experience with operations in AWS environments
- Hands-on experience in automation and applying cloud native infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) and CI/CD (GitHub Actions, GitLab CI), as well as interacting with APIs with a scripting language (e.g. Python or Ruby)
Nice to haves:
- Worked with or implemented a continuous delivery or deployment environment; exposure to GitOps (e.g. ArgoCD or Flux), deploying using progressive delivering
- Worked with or implemented a multi-tenant Kubernetes environment, where workloads are isolated from each other
Worked with or implemented a service mesh, using Istio, Consul Connect or similar
- Used Kubernetes in a combination with AWS cloud services, e.g. worked with or implemented controllers such as exernal-dns, external-secrets, integrated with a cloud load balancer
- Experience using AWS in a multi-account environment
- Container security experience (e.g. image scanning, implemented a policy framework like OPA or Kyverno, network policies)
- Proficient in Golang
- Monitoring with Datadog