Kubernetes Cloud Engineer
We love to keep track of the latest and greatest tech that comes from Silicon Valley and our public cloud partners, so we can always pick the right tool for the job in the complex mission-critical ecosystems. In our dream projects we can seamlessly integrate the newest tech into an existing landscape to create high quality environments that last.
The container platform (running on EKS, built in our AWS landing zone) is used to host applications. We continue to onboard new applications on a monthly basis and the Kubernetes platform is in constant development. Building and improving the platform and the ecosystem around it will be part of your responsibilities.
As a Kubernetes engineer you will be part of a multidisciplinary team where you will focus on building payment solutions for our customer on AWS. Audit, compliance, and security are of critical importance to us and them. Together with our customer and their third-party developers, we strive for more than good enough results. Taking responsibility of onboarding, security, compliance as well as implementing and using the latest technologies is part of your daily job. Everything we do is via code and automated, so you need to live up to that challenge.
In this role, you will have a lot of fun if you have the following experience:
- Experience in a complex engineering environment, preferably in mission- critical environments
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS) and integrating it with AWS services
- Familiar with using Kubernetes operators for achieving last mile automation
- Relevant experience with operations in AWS environments
- Hands-on experience in automation and applying cloud native infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) and CI/CD (GitHub Actions, GitLab CI), as well as interacting with APIs with a scripting language (e.g. Python or Ruby)
Nice to haves:
- Worked with or implemented a continuous delivery or deployment environment; exposure to GitOps (e.g. ArgoCD or Flux), deploying using progressive delivering
- Worked with or implemented a multi-tenant Kubernetes environment, where workloads are isolated from each other Worked with or implemented a service mesh, using Istio, Consul Connect or similar
- Used Kubernetes in a combination with AWS cloud services, e.g. worked with or implemented controllers such as exernal-dns, external-secrets, integrated with a cloud load balancer
- Experience using AWS in a multi-account environment
- Container security experience (e.g. image scanning, implemented a policy framework like OPA or Kyverno, network policies)
- Proficient in Golang
- Monitoring with Datadog
- Hybrid way of working: Your office base will be the Schiphol-Rijk office, but you are able to work from any of our office locations and from home in deliberation with your team
- Indefinite contract
- Annual gross salary including 8% holiday allowance
- Yearly gross bonus opportunity of 15%
- Mobility plan: Mileage allowance, reimbursement of your public transport expenses, or a pool car. After your probation period, you are eligible to select a lease car or public transport card, if you prefer one of these two options above the mileage allowance.
- Employee Ownership Plan: After your probation period, you will receive 1 certificate that makes you owner of a small part of our company. This will allow you to receive dividend on a yearly basis. You will also be eligible to invest in more certificates during the annual trading period
- Pension plan: contribution depends on salary and age (BeFrank) and a session with an independent financial advisor during your first month to help you with your pension and financial plans.
- Disability insurance and surviving dependants’ pension plans surviving dependants’ pension (BeFrank/Elipslife) ANW Hiaat (BeFrank) WIA-AOP excedent (ElipsLife) WGA-Hiaat extended (ElipsLife) WIA excedent (Elipslife)
- Group health insurance NN/ONVZ (5% discount for the basic health insurance and 10% for the supplementary health insurance. Additional discount for the yearly payment of 2%).
- 25 paid holidays
- Laptop and iPhone
- Access to a dedicated Coolblue Home Office Store with a personal budget to help create a suitable workplace at home
- Well-being activities like mindfulness, running, and other events Good food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks – for which a monthly contribution of €25 will be deducted from the monthly salary due to tax reasons)
- Opportunities to grow, have fun and (be) challenge(d)!